These classroom tables are both heavyweight and beautiful. The designers want you to know that they found the very best quality wood laminate and put it on both sides of the table, for the flattest, most warp-resistant surface ever.
The tabletop is 3 cm (1-1/8") thick, and can be supported by solid, fixed-length Rock Maple legs, or Adjustable legs. It is your choice. Both styles simply screw into the leg housing and are ready to use in seconds.
Please specify the legs you want to order.
Rock Maple legs: Come in lengths from 31 cm to 76 cm (12" to 30"), in 5 cm (2") increments (31 cm, 36 cm, 41 cm / 12", 14", 16", etc.)
Adjustable legs come in three lengths:
Toddler 33 cm to 43 cm (13" to 17")
Preschool 43 cm to 64 cm (17" to 25")
School Age 53 cm to 79 cm (21" to 31")
Half Circle Table 76": 193 cm x 61 cm (76" x 24"). Seats up to 6.
The Community Playthings Difference
- Easy to clean. For wet and messy activities, the laminate is waterproofed with heat-sealed edging.
- No warping. The best laminate on the planet is on both sides of the table top.
- Table legs positioned for maximum stability, allowing more children—even a wheelchair—to fit.
Design for a Lifetime of Child Care
Community Playthings (CP) furniture and toys are purpose built for early years classrooms with predominantly natural materials like maple hardwood. They are designed to realize an open-ended play-to-learn educational goals.
- CP furniture is built using mortise and tenon joints — one of the strongest in woodworking.
- Maple hardwood construction.
- Protective finish is infrared bonded – does not wear off no matter how often you clean.
- Backed by Louise Kool with a Lifetime Warranty
It is not unusual for Community Playthings products to last decades and even generations.
Designed for Child Care Safety
Community Playthings products do not just comply with regulations: they are designed with children’s health and safety as a core principle. Utmost vigilance is maintained to ensure all known or suspected hazards are eliminated from the product line.
- Pinch free hinges
- Childproof latches
- Rounded edges
Community Playthings’ rigorous design process, including failure mode and effects analysis, reduces the risk of equipment-related accidents and are a natural result of child-centred design.
Environmental design for your centre and the world
Rather than awaiting regulation, CP’s product developers closely monitor scientific research, moving early to eliminate potential chemical hazards. While other manufacturers may insist that endocrine disrupters and phthalates are harmless, but CP’s green chemistry policy requires greater responsibility. All Community Playthings furniture products are made from low emitting materials -- safe for your children and staff.
- Certified to meet LEED (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) credit standards.
BPA and PVC free. Parents can be assured that there is nothing safer on the market; Community Playthings is BPA and PVC free.