- Our wooden blocks are solid maple and exceptionally resistant to splintering and denting
- Finger friendly: velvet-smooth, with evenly curved edges and no sharp corners
- Accurately cut: crucial in reinforcing math concepts and for stability of structures.
Community Playthings Unit Block, sets deliver years of open-ended creative play. They are precisely engineered from durable maple hardwood, with a finely feathered finish that children find so satisfying to touch, hold and build with.
Community Playthings measure their blocks to the nearest one quarter of a mm or 1/100th of an inch! Because they are so accurately cut, children can stack to form robust structures for real STEM discovery.
Design for a Lifetime of Child Care
Community Playthings (CP) furniture and toys are purpose built for early years classrooms with predominantly natural materials like maple hardwood. They are designed to realize an open-ended play-to-learn educational goals.
- CP furniture is built using mortise and tenon joints — one of the strongest in woodworking.
- Maple hardwood construction.
- Protective finish is infrared bonded – does not wear off no matter how often you clean.
- Backed by Louise Kool with a Lifetime Warranty
It is not unusual for Community Playthings products to last decades and even generations.
Designed for Child Care Safety
Community Playthings products do not just comply with regulations: they are designed with children’s health and safety as a core principle. Utmost vigilance is maintained to ensure all known or suspected hazards are eliminated from the product line.
- Pinch free hinges
- Childproof latches
- Rounded edges
Community Playthings’ rigorous design process, including failure mode and effects analysis, reduces the risk of equipment-related accidents and are a natural result of child-centred design.
Environmental design for your centre and the world
Rather than awaiting regulation, CP’s product developers closely monitor scientific research, moving early to eliminate potential chemical hazards. While other manufacturers may insist that endocrine disrupters and phthalates are harmless, but CP’s green chemistry policy requires greater responsibility. All Community Playthings furniture products are made from low emitting materials -- safe for your children and staff.