When purchasing blocks, look at how much wood you're getting. A set with very little variety may have a high piece count, but it won't give your children much to build with.
Community Playthings sets have large numbers of the most useful and substantial shapes, which means you are getting more volume for your dollar. Provides enough blocks for your children to complete the structures they envision.
All blocks are finger-friendly with velvet-smooth sides and all edges are evenly curved. Available in three sets.
Community Playthings Unit Block, sets deliver years of open-ended creative play. They are precisely engineered from durable maple hardwood, with a finely feathered finish that children find so satisfying to touch, hold and build with.
Community Playthings measure their blocks to the nearest one quarter of a mm or 1/100th of an inch! Because they are so accurately cut, children can stack to form robust structures for real STEM discovery.
- Wooden blocks are solid maple and exceptionally resistant to splintering and denting.
- Finger friendly: velvet-smooth, with evenly curved edges and no sharp corners.
- Modular: Consistent in their proportionality with the entire CP block family Unit Blocks and integrate seamlessly with the Mini Unit Blocks, Hollow Blocks, and Mini Hollow Blocks.
- Accurately cut: crucial in reinforcing math concepts and for stability of structures.
- CP sets have large numbers of the most useful and substantial shapes, which means you are getting more volume for your dollar.
Design for a Lifetime of Child Care
Community Playthings (CP) furniture and toys are purpose built for early years classrooms with predominantly natural materials like maple hardwood. They are designed to realize an open-ended play-to-learn educational goals.
- CP furniture is built using mortise and tenon joints — one of the strongest in woodworking.
- Maple hardwood construction.
- Protective finish is infrared bonded – does not wear off no matter how often you clean.
- Backed by Louise Kool with a Lifetime Warranty
It is not unusual for Community Playthings products to last decades and even generations.
Designed for Child Care Safety
Community Playthings products do not just comply with regulations: they are designed with children’s health and safety as a core principle. Utmost vigilance is maintained to ensure all known or suspected hazards are eliminated from the product line.
- Pinch free hinges
- Childproof latches
- Rounded edges
Community Playthings’ rigorous design process, including failure mode and effects analysis, reduces the risk of equipment-related accidents and are a natural result of child-centred design.
Environmental design for your centre and the world
Rather than awaiting regulation, CP’s product developers closely monitor scientific research, moving early to eliminate potential chemical hazards. While other manufacturers may insist that endocrine disrupters and phthalates are harmless, but CP’s green chemistry policy requires greater responsibility. All Community Playthings furniture products are made from low emitting materials -- safe for your children and staff.
- Certified to meet LEED (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) credit standards.
BPA and PVC free. Parents can be assured that there is nothing safer on the market; Community Playthings is BPA and PVC free.